WELCOME TO THE GREENVILLE EVERYONE’S TALKING ABOUT.
“Nestled into the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Greenville, South Carolina has combined traditional southern charm, stunning natural beauty, and an unexpected contemporary cool to create one of America’s hottest emerging destinations and fastest growing cities. From a revitalized downtown ranked among “America’s Ten Best” by Forbes Magazine to downtown Greenville’s one-of-a-kind Liberty Bridge, quaint shops, boutiques, and fabulous restaurants to a world-class collection of museums, galleries, and theaters to some of the most beautiful lakes, rivers, and mountains in the world, Greenville, South Carolina is everything they say it is and more. Check us out and see for yourself why we’re not just any Greenville – we’re THAT Greenville.”
Greenville has gained recognition in various national publications such as:
CNN Money, which ranked Greenville as one of the “Top 10 Fastest Growing Cities in the U.S.”
Bloomberg named Greenville the 3rd Strongest Job Market, 2010; and
Forbes named Greenville the 13th Best City for Young Professionals.
Additionally, the state of South Carolina has been ranked within the top 10 fastest-growing states and economies by the U.S. Commerce Department.
Notable event venues
- Bon Secours Wellness Arena (formerly Bi-Lo Center), a 16,000-seat arena in downtown Greenville
- Peace Center, a performing arts center
- The Warehouse Theatre offers productions of live theater.
- Centre Stage, Greenville’s Professional Theater is a year-round theater hosting the annual New Play Festival. It also hosts the Greenville Light Opera Works (GLOW), a professional operetta company.
- Timmons Arena, a 6,000 seat multi-purpose venue on the campus of Furman University.
- Fluor Field at the West End is the home of the Greenville Drive baseball team, the Class-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox.
- TD Convention Center, a convention and meeting facility.
- Euphoria Greenville is an annual three-day culinary event held in the Wyche Pavilion at Larkin’s on the River, Art in the Park, and the Peace Center for the Performing Arts.
- Fall for Greenville is a three-day music and food street festival held each fall.
- Artisphere is a three-day art festival held each spring.
- iMAGINE Upstate is a weeklong celebration and showcase of STEM, entrepreneurial, creative, and innovative activity in the Upstate held each spring.
- The Comics & Toys MonsterCon is a three-day comic book and science fiction convention held each summer.
- Indie Craft Parade is a festival of handmade art held each September.
- The Upstate Shakespeare Festival performs Shakespeare and other classic plays each summer in Falls Park.
- The Greek Festival a three-day festival put on by the Greek Orthodox Church in downtown Greenville to celebrate Greek culture.
- New South Comedy Festival is a four-day comedy festival featuring improvisational, stand-up, sketch, and musical comedy from around the country.